[CITASA] using blogs with your courses

Nicole Ellison nellison at msu.edu
Wed Oct 21 12:07:09 EDT 2009

Hi Ted,
A few years ago a colleague and I put together an online resource for
blogging in the classroom. It's online at: http://blogsforlearning.msu.edu/

We haven't updated it in a while, but most of the material is still
relevant, and there's a piece specifically on blogging in large
classes by Alex Halavais.

Good luck!
Nicole

On Oct 21, 2009, at 11:49 AM, Howard Welser wrote:

> Does anyone here have experience using blogs with students?
>
> Currently I am using a simple blogspot blog with my seminar class,
> and I feel it is working well, but many things can work ok on a
> small scale that fail horribly as they grow.
>
> http://group-processes-social-change.blogspot.com/
>
> However. . . . . . I will have 400 students in Intro to Soc winter
> quarter-- and will need to modify my strategies to adapt to the
> larger context.
>
> any advice and pointers are appreciated.
>
> ted
>
> --
> Howard T. Welser
> Assistant Professor