[CITASA] using blogs with your courses

david.louden at L-3Com.com david.louden at L-3Com.com
Wed Oct 21 14:16:49 EDT 2009

Professor Welzer,

It is worth asking the question as to whether or not your "ad" sponsors
will be themselves be monitoring and evaluating the blogs their revenue
is supporting and if so, for what purpose.  Should such ads be other
than passive in nature and include links to surveys in addition to the
subject itself, they may be using the information to obtain marketing
demographic data from your students.  Know what you are getting and know
what is being pushed out to your students.  Remember, If you require
their participation of your blogasphere, they need to know what the
rules of the road are to include disabling cookies and such from your
blog sponsors.   My opinions and comments are mine alone and are merely
intended to detail the minutiae involved in the environment you are
working in.  Satisfy yourself.  Better to be the Mechanic than the Tool.
And, It is a poor mechanic that blames his tools.

David Louden
Program Manager and Senior Project Developer
Mission Technologies & Training (Operations) Department
Intelligence Solutions Division
National Solutions Business Unit
L-3 Communications

301 575-3426