[CITASA] using blogs with your courses

arobbin at indiana.edu arobbin at indiana.edu
Wed Oct 21 14:52:11 EDT 2009

I am using google groups for the five three-person teams who are
designing and conducting a survey in my intro to research methods
course. Each team creates a group. I had the team leader add me on as a
member of the group. I only check in when asked questions and
double-check once every two days or so that everyone on a team is
participating (participation reflects 5% of their assignment grade). It
seems to be working swimmingly. Since this is the first time I have
done this (and the students know that it's the first time), I will ask
for an evaluation from the students at the end of their project. But,
thus, the informal feedback as been very favorable.

Alice Robbin