[CITASA] 2011 CITASA Award Winners

Gina Neff gneff at uw.edu
Sat Jun 25 10:59:16 EDT 2011

Congratulations to our section's 2011 Award winners! And thanks to the committees for taking on the difficult task of selecting among the exciting work that is happening in our section.

Please join us at 8:30 on Monday August 22 for our combined roundtable session and business meeting when we will present awards.

CITASA William F. Ogburn Career Achievement Award
James E. Katz, Rutgers University

CITASA Paper Award
Hampton, Keith N., Oren Livio and Lauren Sessions Goulet. 2010. "The Social Life of Wireless Urban Spaces:  Internet Use, Social Networks, and the Public Realm" Journal of Communication 60: 701-722.

CITASA Student Paper Award

Dmitry Epstein, Cornell University, "Who's Responsible for the Digital Divide? Public Perceptions and Policy Implications."  co-authored with Erik Nisbet and Tarleton Gillespie.  Published in 2011 in "The Information Society" 27(2), 92-104.

Honorable Mention:

Michael Conover, Indiana University, "Political Polarization on Twitter."  Co-authored with Jacob Ratkiewicz, M. Francisco, Bruno Gonçalves, Sandro Flammini, and Fil Menczer. In the proceedings of ICWSM 2011.

CITASA Book Award
Pablo Boczkowski, News at Work: Imitation in an Age of Information Abundance (University of Chicago Press, 2010).

CITASA Award for Public Sociology
Lee Rainie, Pew Research Center's Internet & American Life Project

Hope to see you all in Las Vegas,

Dr. Gina Neff
Assistant Professor
Deparatment of Communication