[CITASA] CFP reminder - Media, Technology & Society Conference 2012 - Infosocial. Deadline April. 15

Lindsay Young l62778y at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 12:57:45 EDT 2012

Hi all,

My apologies for cross posting.  I'm writing to remind list members (and their
colleagues and students) of the upcoming Media, Technology and Society
program's graduate student conference titled "Infosocial: Where information
and the social sciences collide."  The extended abstract submission
deadline is April 15th.  Call details are at the conference website (
http://bit.ly/InfoSocialCFP) and follow in the text below.  Please feel
free to distribute widely and pass the word along to graduate students and
programs.

*Call for Papers*
"InfoSocial: Where information and the social sciences collide."
A graduate student conference hosted by the Media, Technology, and
Society (MTS)
program at Northwestern University

As the information infrastructure of contemporary social life becomes
increasingly
complex and visible, disparate modes of inquiry converge. We are surrounded
by a proliferation of data that provides a unique window into a wide array
of individual and collective behavior. The changes in the visibility
and availability
of such data have challenged the technical and conceptual boundaries of the
social sciences. This, in turn, has triggered a growth in interdisciplinary
collaboration, and in methodological and theoretical innovation. Our
conference aims to contribute to these collaborative and innovative
developments
by bringing together graduate student scholarship from across the academic
spectrum.

We seek papers authored by graduate students that address relevant
topics within
and across disciplines, including contributions from communication and
media studies, sociology, psychology, computer science, science and
technology studies, information science, political science, and anthropology,
among others.

Possible submission topics include (but are not limited to):
• Linked data/semantic web and society
• Privacy and information management
• Measuring online behavior
• Collective action and crowd sourcing
• Internet skill and literacy
• Open source and innovation
• Complexity and technological change
• History and information
• Information at work
• Educational technology
• Networks and the information society
• Methodological developments

*Important Information:*
Extended abstract submission deadline: April 15, 2012
Acceptance notification date: May 15, 2012
Conference Dates: October 12-13, 2012
Location: Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois

Conference URL: http://bit.ly/InfoSocialCFP
Email: mtsconference at u.northwestern.edu

To submit, please visit http://bit.ly/NUMTSconference and upload an
extended abstract of no more than
500 words.

Note: There will be no fee to attend and/or participate in the
conference. Meals
will be provided and interested attendees may request to be housed with
Northwestern students. While we can make no guarantees, we will do our best
to accommodate requests.

Best Regards,

--
Lindsay Young