[CITASA] postdoc available at Vanderbilt for a sociologist interested in health and technology
Timothy M. Hale, PhD
t.hale at me.com
Tue Aug 14 23:37:04 EDT 2012
Hi everyone! You or someone you know may be interested in this post-doc at Vanderbilt.
POST-DOCTORAL RESEARCH POSITION IN HEALTHCARE RESEARCH
The Center for Research and Innovation in Systems Safety (CRISS) has an immediate opening for a post-doctoral researcher who has experience with field research in healthcare.
About us: CRISS is a multi-disciplinary center within the Vanderbilt University Medical Center (VUMC), specializing in research and interventions related to health and healthcare. Some of our research areas include chronic disease management, patient safety and quality of care, health information technology, medical devices, and process redesign. CRISS faculty have broad practical and research experience in numerous clinical settings and access to inpatient and outpatient healthcare facilities within Vanderbilt, middle Tennessee, and worldwide. This includes access to specific populations such as children, elderly, and low-income patients as well as the people who provide them health services. CRISS resources include administrative and research assistants, grants management, statistical support, interaction design, software development, an in-house usability laboratory and 11,000 square-foot high-fidelity simulation center, audiovisual recording and analysis, etc. VUMC provides an excellent “real world laboratory” for health and healthcare research and numerous in-house initiatives such as care coordination (medical home) and technology implementation. Additionally, Vanderbilt University has a strong and active post-doctoral community. The fellow would be eligible for training, funding, and other opportunities outside CRISS.
• PhD completed prior to start date.
(Candidates with a terminal professional degree in other fields [e.g., MD, PharmD] will be considered if they have substantial healthcare field research experience.)
• Experience and training conducting and analyzing field research, particularly interviews, but also observation and survey methods.
• Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary research team and deliver timely outcomes.
• Preference will be given to candidates who have software design/development experience and who are familiar with clinician- or patient-facing health information technology.
• Conduct independent and collaborative health and healthcare-related field research under the mentorship of Richard Holden, PhD and Matthew B. Weinger, MD.
• Participate in the research and professional communities within the Center and at Vanderbilt University.
• Collect and analyze qualitative data and present findings internally and externally.
• Author/co-author review and research manuscripts and work on grant applications.
• Develop and carry out independent research projects.
Position details: Funded 12-month appointment with opportunity for extension.
Notes: Vanderbilt University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. A criminal background check will be required.
Address inquiries to Dr. Rich Holden at richard.holden at vanderbilt.edu. If interested, please forward a current CV and writing sample.
Timothy M. Hale, PhD
Harvard Medical School
Center for Connected Health
25 New Chardon Street, Suite 400D
Boston, MA 02114
tmhale at partners.org (email)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the CITAMS