[CITASA] Internet & Society...

James A Evans jevans at uchicago.edu
Sun Feb 26 08:38:07 EST 2012

Hi CITASA,

I'm teaching a new course next quarter entitled Internet & Society and searching for good readings that map the landscape (I have several, but am looking for more/better). If you have a syllabus you would be willing to share, or know of a fantastic (especially underappreciated) article or book relevant to any of the following topics, I would be grateful.

history, growth and structure of the Internet
"digital divide(s)": by class, race, age, communities, occupations and countries
online identities and intimacy
creative mashups and intellectual property
political participation
discourse and polarization
online cultures and diversity
immersive and virtual reality
Information overload, "reading" and thinking with the Internet
online markets, web services and work

Sincere thanks,

James

James A. Evans