[CITASA] Internet & Society...

Gina Neff gneff at uw.edu
Sun Feb 26 18:40:53 EST 2012

A syllabus share is a great idea. You don't say what level your course is at, but here's a couple of mine and descriptions for the classes.  I'm happy to provide more feedback on how these worked for you or anyone else.

Good luck!

COM 302 The Cultural Impact of New Communication Technologies. Taught as both large and small undergraduate lecture course integrating theories from science and technology studies with the social studies of communication technology.

COM 339 The Business of Media in the Digital Age. Taught as both large and small undergraduate lecture course on analysis of media products and industries using cultural industry approaches. Has section on copyright and cultural production in the digital age.

COM 539 Theories of Technology & Society. Developed gateway introduction for the department's Technology & Society Ph.D. focus area based on theories of communication and technology.

Dr. Gina Neff
Department of Communication
University of Washington
Chair, Communication and Information Technologies Section<http://citasa.org/>, American Sociological Association