[CITASA] Internet & Society...

Brian Zelip bzelip at illinois.edu
Mon Feb 27 08:33:29 EST 2012

Hi James. Thought I'd mention some helpful readings for two of your topics:

re: digital divides
Kate Williams, "What is the Digital Divide?" A working paper for the d3
workshop, Ann Arbor, Michigan, August 2001
(a pdf link from citeseerx.ist.psu.edu is available in the first page of a
google search)

re: creative mashups and IP
Don Tapscott and Anthony Williams, 'Wikinomics: How Mass Collaboration
Changes Everything'. New York: Portfolio. 2006
(see chapters 5, "The Prosumers" and 7, "Platforms for Participation")

Best,
Brian Zelip
Graduate School of Library & Information Science