[CITASA] FW: The NSF Science, Technology and Society Program is currently seeing a Program Director
gneff at uw.edu
Mon Jan 30 14:52:34 EST 2012
An opportunity to work with NSF. See below.
Dr. Gina Neff
Department of Communication
University of Washington
Chair, Communication and Information Technology Section<http://citasa.org/>, American Sociological Association
From: Moore, Kelly [mailto:kmoore at nsf.gov]
Sent: Monday, January 30, 2012 9:42 AM
To: Moore, Kelly
Subject: The NSF Science, Technology and Society Program is currently seeing a Program Director
Please post widely. Thank you. Kelly
The National Science Foundation Science, Technology and Society Program is currently seeking a Program Director. Duties include:
-Allocating program resources to maintain a balance of support to meet the field's needs;
- Assessing trends and opportunities in the field with assistance of advisory panel;
- Pursuing affirmative action and EEO goals in selection of reviewers, panelists, and grantees;
- Representing the program to the scientific community and the public;
- Facilitating the transfer of funds from other agencies;
- Establishing contacts and maintain active involvement in the program field through participation in meetings and conferences and by undertaking other relevant activities;
- Pursuing a personal scholarly agenda, with results presented at professional meetings and published in academic journals, as workload permits;
- Participating in interagency meetings, coordinating groups, special task groups, staff meetings and site visits;
- Interview and recommend selection of support staff.
Applicants must have a Ph.D. or equivalent experience in a scientific discipline supported by NSF. In addition, applicants must have six or more years of successful research, research administration, and/or managerial experience pertinent to the program of interest. Ideal candidates will also have expertise in the social studies of science, science policy, and/or ethics in science.
Closing Date: 02/29/2012
USAJOBS Link: http://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/308181400
You may also contact Kelly Moore kmoore at nsf.gov<mailto:kmoore at nsf.gov> or Fred Kronz fkronz at nsf.gov<mailto:fkronz at nsf.gov> for more information.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the CITAMS