[CITASA] CITASA iCS Special Issue

Shelia Cotten cotten at uab.edu
Tue Jul 24 17:38:39 EDT 2012

Call For Papers: iCS/CITASA Special Issue of Papers from 2012 ASA Meeting‎

Dear Colleagues,

 ‎

For the sixth year, the journal Information, Communication & Society (iCS, published by Routledge) ‎will publish a special issue in cooperation with the ASA section on Communication ‎and Information Technologies (CITASA).  The special issue will be comprised of papers ‎presented at the 2012 Annual Meeting of the American Sociological Association in Denver, Colorado that focus on issues of social media, technology, communication, information, or other related topics. Shelia Cotten (University of Alabama, Birmingham) and Mike Stern (NORC at the University of Chicago) will be the ‎editors. ‎

We invite you to submit a paper that was presented at the ASA 2012 meetings for consideration in this special ‎issue. Please submit manuscripts for consideration to citasa.ics at gmail.com<mailto:citasa.ics at gmail.com>.  ‎Submitted manuscripts should be a maximum of 6,000 words and should conform to the ‎journal's submission guidelines; see http://www.tandf.co.uk/journals/titles/1369118x.asp.

Deadlines:

Full papers due: September 30, 2012

Refereeing completed: November 30, 2012

Final version of accepted papers due: January 10, 2013

Special issue publication (anticipated): June 2013 ‎

Please contact us with any questions. We hope to hear from you.

Sincerely,

Dr. Shelia Cotten

Department of Sociology

University of Alabama, Birmingham