[CITASA] Studies on effects of Gender and age on attitudes ICTs

Nick Lalone nick.lalone at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 21:21:21 EDT 2012

One of my favorite pieces on gender and human computer interaction is
Genderizing HCI from Justine Cassell. There is also a bunch of work
from folks like Judy Wajcman and Jennifer Jenson and Suzanne De Castel
that will surely lead you to different sources. There is a whole lot
of research on the legitimacy of opinion from female and male authors
on blogs when they began to come into prominence in the early 2000s.

Gender Differences in British Blogging is a good starting point but it
has been a few years since I put together a lit review on this stuff
so I can't remember if it is a decent piece or not.
http://jcmc.indiana.edu/vol12/issue4/pedersen.html

Good luck!
Nick