[CITASA] Open Rank "Interpretivism" Faculty Position at the University of Michigan School of Information

Tiffany Veinot tveinot at umich.edu
Fri Oct 19 14:07:45 EDT 2012

The University of Michigan School of Information is hiring an *open
rank*position in the area of "
Interpretivism" that may be of interest to CITASA members (see:
http://www.si.umich.edu/aboutsi/2012-faculty-opening-interpretivism).

We favor candidates whose research interests complement our existing
expertise in such areas as computer-supported cooperative work; digital
archives and preservation; human-computer interaction; incentive-centered
design and information economics; information seeking, sharing and use;
Internet-scale data, network and text analysis; social computing and
informatics.

The mission of the School of Information is to create knowledge so people
can use information and technology to build a better world, and to educate
socially-engaged information professionals. A successful candidate will be
committed to, and will directly contribute to our goal of being the best
research and teaching institution for the understanding and design of
information and its technologies in service of people and society.

The School is home to a dynamic and vibrant research and teaching program,
with 35 FTE faculty, and over 400 students.  We offer a PhD, a Master of
Science in Information, a Master of Health Informatics (jointly with the
School of Public Health), a jointly offered undergraduate informatics
major, and as of Fall 2014 we will offer our own bachelor’s of information.
Founded in 1817, the University of Michigan has a long and distinguished
history as one of the first public universities in the nation. It is one of
only two public institutions consistently ranked among the nation's top ten
universities. The University has one of the largest health care complexes
in the world and one of the best library systems in the United States. With
more than $1 billion in research expenditures annually, the University has
the second largest research expenditure among all universities in the
nation. The University has an annual general fund budget of more than $1.4
billion and an endowment valued at more than $7.57 billion.

Review of all applications will begin* November 1, 2012* and continue until
the positions are filled. For more information or to apply, please visit
umsi.info/facultyapp.

Regards,

Tiffany Veinot, MLS, PhD
Assistant Professor of Information and of Health Behavior and Health
Education
University of Michigan
4429 North Quad
105 S. State Street