[CITASA] OII Summer Doctoral program

Grant Blank grant.blank at oii.ox.ac.uk
Mon Feb 11 04:34:03 EST 2013

Dear Colleague,

As the deadline approaches for this year’s Oxford Internet Institute Summer
Doctoral Programme, I would be very grateful if you could forward this
e-mail to any PhD students who may want to apply, or to faculty supervisors
working in the relevant fields.

The OII Summer Doctoral Programme brings together PhD students from around
the world for a fortnight of study with leading academics in a
multi-disciplinary environment that aims to provide constructive advice and
support for students' doctoral thesis research. The programme is structured
around daily lectures, seminars and social events, aimed at developing
student thinking on a range of issues central to the Internet. Students
also have the opportunity to present and discuss their own thesis research
with faculty and students.

This year’s programme will be held at the iSchool at the University of
Toronto, and will run from 8th-19th July. Participating tutors include
faculty from the wider Ontario area (Barry Wellman, Seamus Ross, Leslie
Regan Shade, Rhonda McEwen, Anabel Quan-Haase, Jason Nolan, Ron Deibert and
others) as well as faculty from OII (Bernie Hogan, Eric Meyer and Vicki
Nash). We also hope to bring back SDP alumni for a day of networking and
presentations on the 12th July.

The deadline for applications is 25th February. Further details and
information about how to apply can be found at:
http://www.oii.ox.ac.uk/teaching/sdp/Y2013.cfm whilst more informal
information is available on the SDP blog at: http://blogs.oii.ox.ac.uk/sdp/

Thanks are due to all our SDP partners, most notably, the UoT iSchool, but
also the Faculty of Communication and Design at Ryerson University,
Annenberg School of Communication at USC and the ARC Centre of Excellence
for Creative Industries and Innovation.

If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Best
Vicki Nash

Dr Victoria Nash
Director of Graduate Studies