[CITASA] Update! Nominate for the Career Achievement Award?

Andrea H. Tapia atapia at ist.psu.edu
Wed Feb 20 11:11:05 EST 2013

Hi again CITASA-ers.
Wow! What a great response! I have already received several nominations and they are fantastic! Keep 'em coming!
In the meantime—I have found this missing information below. We now have a complete listing of past awardees.

****************
Hiya CITASA folks.
I've agreed to chair the committee to find the next awardee of the CITASA William F. Ogburn Career Achievement Award. This award recognizes a sustained body of research that has provided an outstanding contribution to the advancement of knowledge in the area of sociology of communications or the sociology of information technology.

We are seeking a few good nominations.
Know anyone who might fit the bill?

Past recipients are:
2011 - James E. Katz, Rutgers University
2010 - John Robinson, University of Maryland
2009 - Elihu Katz,  from Annenberg School of Communication and the Hebrew University
2008 - William Sims Bainbridge, National Science Foundation
2007 - David Lyon, Queen's University
2006 - Manuel Castells, University of Southern California
2004 - Barry Wellman, University of Toronto
2003 - Caroline Hodges Persell, New York University

Committee:
Chair: Andrea H. Tapia, atapia at ist.psu.edu
Members: Barry Wellman, wellman at chass.utoronto.ca; Ron Anderson, rea at umn.edu

Deadline: March 1st, 2013

Andrea H. Tapia, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Information Sciences and Technology
Penn State University
mobile: 814-883-3463
http://andreatapia.net