[CITASA] Last days to nominate for the Career Achievement Award

Andrea H. Tapia atapia at ist.psu.edu
Wed Feb 27 09:27:52 EST 2013

Hiya CITASA folks.
Please keep your nominations coming. At this point all we need are names.

Within the next week or so we'll send out the whole list of nominated folks and ask you to tell us why each of these folks are so fabulous. A paragraph will do.

The CITASA William F. Ogburn Career Achievement Award recognizes a sustained body of research that has provided an outstanding contribution to the advancement of knowledge in the area of sociology of communications or the sociology of information technology.

Past recipients are:
2012—Ron Anderson, University of Minnesota
2011 - James E. Katz, Rutgers University
2010 - John Robinson, University of Maryland
2009 - Elihu Katz,  from Annenberg School of Communication and the Hebrew University
2008 - William Sims Bainbridge, National Science Foundation
2007 - David Lyon, Queen's University
2006 - Manuel Castells, University of Southern California
2004 - Barry Wellman, University of Toronto
2003 - Caroline Hodges Persell, New York University

Committee:
Chair: Andrea H. Tapia, atapia at ist.psu.edu
Members: Barry Wellman, wellman at chass.utoronto.ca; Ron Anderson, rea at umn.edu

Deadline: March 1st, 2013

Andrea H. Tapia, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Information Sciences and Technology
Penn State University
mobile: 814-883-3463
http://andreatapia.net