[CITASA] CITASA reception at ASA

Shelia Cotten cotten at uab.edu
Fri Jul 19 12:35:39 EDT 2013

We're only a few weeks away from ASA! We have a fabulous reception planned at Microsoft and hope to see you there. If you have not RSVPed, please do so now. See information below.

Thanks.
Shelia

Hello CITASA members,

The 2013 ASA meeting in New York City is quickly approaching, and in preparation for the meeting we would like to disseminate some information regarding this year's CITASA reception.  In tradition with previous years where we have secured an off-site location for an exciting night of good food, drinks, and conversation, we are pleased to announce that danah boyd has helped secure a Microsoft location and funding for the CITASA reception! Thanks to danah and Microsoft! The following organizations have also provided some support for this year's reception and CITASA more generally: Taylor and Francis Publishers, Emerald Publishers, and MIT Press.

The reception will be held at the Microsoft Sales building, located at 1290 Avenue of the Americas, 6th Floor, on August 10th from 6:30 - 8:30pm.  This location is only 2 blocks from the ASA conference hotels. The CITASA business meeting (which you are all welcome to attend!) ends at 6:10 and a group of us plan to walk to the reception after that.

In preparation for the reception we will need an accurate headcount of those planning to attend.  As such, if you are attending this year's ASA meeting and intend to join us at the CITASA reception on August 10th, please send an email to citasareception at gmail.com<mailto:citasareception at gmail.com> with your name and affiliation so that you can be officially added to the guest list.

Please note that due to the location of this year's reception, it will be required that all attendees bring a valid photo ID in order to enter the Microsoft building. You should also bring your ASA badge if you are attending ASA this year.

In the days leading up to the reception, reminder messages and any additional information needed for the event will be sent out to the guest list.

Again, if you plan on attending please email citasareception at gmail.com<mailto:citasareception at gmail.com> your name and affiliation.  You can also register others who may attend with you. Thanks, and we hope to see you in August!

Shelia

***************************************
Shelia R. Cotten, PhD
Professor
Department of Sociology
University of Alabama, Birmingham
460N Heritage Hall
1530 3rd Ave S.
Birmingham, AL 35294-1152
205-934-8678
cotten at uab.edu<mailto:cotten at uab.edu>
Chair, Communication and Information Technologies Section (CITASA), American Sociological Association
Twitter: @shelia_cotten