[CITASA] 2nd Call for Papers - InfoSocial 2013: Bridging Media, Technology and Social Science - A Graduate Conference

Cindy Weng cweng at u.northwestern.edu
Mon Mar 11 13:03:10 EDT 2013

(Apologies for cross-posting, please distribute widely)

*2nd Call for Papers*

*InfoSocial 2013: Bridging Media, Technology and Social Science*

*A graduate student conference hosted by the* *Media, Technology, and
Society (MTS) program at Northwestern University*

InfoSocial is a student-run conference dedicated to showcasing graduate
student research that is theoretically engaging, methodologically sound,
and socially relevant. We welcome submissions that engage multiple ways of
thinking as well as a wide range of methodologies.

Building on the success of the inaugural InfoSocial event held last year
(which received more than one hundred submissions from over fifty
institutions internationally), for this year’s edition we seek papers
authored by graduate students that address relevant topics within and
across disciplines, including contributions from communication and media
studies, sociology, psychology, computer science, science and technology
studies, information science, political science, and anthropology.

Topics include (but are not limited to) the following:

○      Gaming, online communities, and digital cultures

○      Human-computer interaction

○      Inequality, skills, and social capital

○      Information and communication technologies for development

○      News, entertainment, and audiences

○      Online behavior and privacy

○      Organizations, networks, and innovation

○      Social impact, policy, and regulation

○      Social media and big data

○      Youth, family, and the media

Important Information:

Extended abstract submission deadline: *March 20, 2013*

Acceptance notification date: *May 15, 2013*

Conference Dates: *October 25-26, 2013*

Location: Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois

*Conference URL: **http://bit.ly/InfoSocial2013CFP *

*Email: **mtsconference at u.northwestern.edu*<mtsconference at u.northwestern.edu>

<mtsconference at u.northwestern.edu>

To submit, please visit
*http://bit.ly/InfoSocialSubmit*<http://bit.ly/InfoSocialSubmit> and
upload an extended abstract with a maximum of 500 words. Participants whose
abstracts are accepted will be required to submit full papers to the
committee by October 1, 2013.

*Note:* There will be no fee to attend and/or participate in the
conference. Meals will be provided and interested attendees may request to
be housed with Northwestern students. While we can make no guarantees, we
will do our best to accommodate requests.