[CITASA] 2013 CITASA section awards!

Yuri Takhteyev yuri at cs.stanford.edu
Thu May 30 11:27:01 EDT 2013

I would like to mention, in an entirely self-serving way, that all
three books in the book awards section are published with the MIT
Press, which happens to have a 50% off promotion for all printed books
this week. Order directly from the MIT Press and use code "SHARE50" at
checkout. Valid until Monday. You can get all three books at once! :)

Here are the links to each of the three books on the MIT Press website.

    http://mitpress.mit.edu/books/venture-labor

    https://mitpress.mit.edu/books/coding-places-0

    http://mitpress.mit.edu/books/digitally-enabled-social-change

And thank you to the award committees for the hard work.

  - yuri

On Wed, May 29, 2013 at 10:57 PM, Shelia Cotten <cotten at uab.edu> wrote:
> Dear CITASA Members,
>
> I am so pleased to announce this year's CITASA award winners. What a great
> group of nominees and winners! I thank all the award committees for their
> hard work this year. We had a large number of people nominated and the
> committees worked extra hard this year!
>
> Please congratulate our winners, many of whom will be at our CITASA business
> meeting at ASA in New York to receive their awards.
>
> Shelia
>

> 2013 ASA CITASA Award Committees and Awardees
>

> CITASA Book Award
>
> CITASA Book Award recognizes an outstanding book related to the sociology of
> communications or the sociology of information technology. Submissions must
> be in English and published within the two calendar years prior to the award
> presentation. There are no limitations on length. Single author, multiple
> author, and edited books are eligible. Authors do not need to be members of
> ASA or CITASA.
>
> Chair: Jim Witte, jwitte at gmu.edu
>
> Members: Leah Lievrouw, llievrou at ucla.edu<mailto:llievrou at ucla.edu>; Jessica
> Beyer, jlbeyer at gmail.com<mailto:jlbeyer at gmail.com>
>

> Co-winners
>
> Venture Labor, Gina Neff, University of Washington
>
> Coding Places, Yuri Takhteyev, University of Toronto
>

> Honorable Mention
>
> Digitally Enabled Social Change, Jennifer Earl, University of Arizona, and
> Katrina Kimport, University of California, San Francisco
>

> CITASA Paper Award
>
> Recognizes an outstanding published paper or book chapter related to the
> sociology of communications or the sociology of information technology.
> Submissions must be in English and published within the two calendar years
> prior to the award nomination deadline. There are no limitations on length.
> Authors do not need to be members of ASA or CITASA.
>
> Chair: Jennifer Earl, jenniferearl at email.arizona.edu
>
> Members: Anabel Quan Haase, anabel.quanhaase at gmail.com; Ellis Godard,
> egodard at csun.edu<mailto:egodard at csun.edu>
>

> Shelley Boulianne, MacEwan University, for her paper, "Stimulating or
> Reinforcing Political Interest: Using Panel Data to Examine Reciprocal
> Effects Between News Media and Political Interest."
>

> Honorable Mention: Zeynep Tufekci, UNC, & Christopher Wilson, for their
> paper, "Social Media and the Decision to Participate in Political Protest:
> Observations From Tahrir Square."
>

> CITASA William F. Ogburn Career Achievement Award
>
> Recognizes a sustained body of research that has provided an outstanding
> contribution to the advancement of knowledge in the area of sociology of
> communications or the sociology of information technology.
>
> Chair: Andrea H. Tapia, atapia at ist.psu.edu
>
> Members: Barry Wellman, wellman at chass.utoronto.ca; Ron Anderson,
> rea at umn.edu<mailto:rea at umn.edu>
>

> Dr. Judy Wajcman, The London School of Economics and Political Science
>

> CITASA Student Paper Award

> [...]

Coding Places: Software Practice in a South American City
The MIT Press 2012
http://codingplaces.net/