[CITASA] Multiple jobs at Penn State

Andrea H. Tapia atapia at ist.psu.edu
Wed Sep 25 15:45:37 EDT 2013

The College of Information Sciences and Technology at The Pennsylvania
State University is a college that emphasizes a) systems-level thinking to
approach global, societal problems, b) multiple methodologies in the
pursuit of interdisciplinary research and design, and c) active,
collaborative  learning to support transformative teaching. To learn more
about our vision, mission, goals, structure, faculty and students, please
go to http://ist.psu.edu. We are searching to fill multiple positions at
the Assistant or Associate Professor level in our ranks of tenure-track
faculty members, who will assist our college in attaining its goals in
education, research and service to the community. The College has
strengths in six key areas including: 1) Computational Informatics and
Science; 2) Organizational Informatics; 3) Social Policy, Economics and
Informatics; 4) Human-Computer Interaction; 5) Cognition and Networked
Intelligent Systems and 6) Security, Privacy and Informatics.

We seek applicants who show clear evidence that they will become or are
leading scholars and premier teachers in their fields and are interested
in being part of a vibrant, civil and diverse academic community.
Although we welcome applications from a broad variety of areas that match
the research interests in the college, we are particularly interested in
applicants who would like to pursue research and teaching in the following
areas: 1) Enterprise Architecture; 2) Biomedical/Health Informatics; 3)
Computational Informatics; 4) Security & Risk Analysis.  We are interested
in applicants who approach these areas from either a social, cognitive, or
computational perspective or a combination of  these perspectives.

Qualified candidates are invited to submit their curriculum vitae, summary
of research and teaching plans, as well as the contact information of four
persons who will write letters of recommendations at
http://recruit.ist.psu.edu . For questions, please contact Dr. Prasenjit
Mitra, Faculty Search Committee Chair, 313F IST Building, College of
Information Sciences and Technology, The Pennsylvania State University,
University Park, PA 16802-6823 or via email to facsearch at ist.psu.edu .

Review of applications will begin on October 15, 2013, and continue until
the positions are filled. Penn State is committed to affirmative action,
equal opportunity and the diversity of its workforce.