[CITASA] How much does ASA cost?

Barry Wellman wellman at chass.utoronto.ca
Wed Sep 25 21:03:01 EDT 2013

Peter Timusk asked a good question in response to the CITASA membership
drive.
(I remember when we had 99 members - we've come a long way, baby).

No simple answer:

Overall ASA dues, on a sliding scale:
Student: $50
Unemployed or Emeritus: $50
Earning more, from $60 to $150 depending on salary
3rd World: $55

You have to be an overall ASA member to become a section member, including
CITASA.

Student: FREE, if you join by Sept 30; later-$5
Otherwise: $10

So if you are already an ASA member and are a student, becoming a CITASA
member is free.

If not, it could be anywhere between $60 to $160

Membership is for calendar year.
So, the big reason to join now is to help the section achieve its 4th
session at the ASAs.

Big reason to join for 2014 is to give a paper (members), and meet some
neat people in the best city in the world SFO

   NetLab Director                   FRSC                  INSNA Founder
   Faculty of Information (iSchool)                 611 Bissell Building
   140 St. George St.    University of Toronto    Toronto Canada M5S 3G6
                  NSA/CSEC: Canadian and American citizen
   MIT Press            http://amzn.to/zXZg39      Print $20  Kindle $16
                  Old/NewCyberTimes http://bit.ly/c8N9V8