[CITASA] Campaigning for CITASA

Andrea H. Tapia atapia at ist.psu.edu
Wed Apr 23 10:38:23 EDT 2014

Hi CITASAzens.

Yesterday, you all should have gotten an email inviting you to vote in the ASA elections.
I hope you’ll vote.

I’ve been a member of CITASA since its reinvention, sometime around 1996. In all that time I’ve never seen anyone campaign for a seat on the leadership team.
I guess its either been uninteresting, uncontested or just not part of our academic-professional culture.

Well, here I go again, rocking the boat.

I’m up for election for CITASA president-elect. My Ph.D. Student, Nick LaLone, is up for a student council member.
To learn more about me, visit my page
http://andreatapia.net

To learn more about Nick, follow him on Twitter at Nick_Lalone or visit his page
http://www.beforegamedesign.com

We are both sociologists and both long-standing members of CITASA. We are ready to take on the wider challenge of helping to lead CITASA into the next phase of its development.

I hope you’ll consider casting your votes for us.