[CITASA] 30 day free access to iCS issue from 2013 ASA + CITASA session cheat sheet for annual meeting

Earl, Jennifer Suzanne - (jenniferearl) jenniferearl at email.arizona.edu
Wed Aug 6 23:08:08 EDT 2014

Dear members,

I write with several very timely pieces of information.

First, I am pleased to announce that members will receive 30 days of free access to the iCS issue that Katrina Kimport and I co-edited on papers from the 2013 ASA meetings. Here are the details:

[cid:image002.jpg at 01CFB1B2.23BF5330]Access the Special Issue: Communication and Information Technologies Section (ASA), produced in conjunction with CITASA for FREE* today!

The eight articles in this issue represent the best work from the Communication and Information Technologies section of the American Sociological Association (CITASA) section that was presented at the 2013 annual meetings of the American Sociological Association. They also aptly chart three key developments that characterize current research on communication and digital media and point toward future avenues of exploration: (1) the maturation of work on measurement; (2) continued work on understanding user behaviour; and (3) research on social media.

Claim your free access today!<http://www.tandfonline.com/r/rics-17-4>

*Log in or register for free access. Free access for 30 days from activation to Information, Communication & Society, Volume 17, Issue 4.

I also wanted to remind you of the CITASA-sponsored sessions at the ASAs and plea for your attendance at the CITASA Business Meeting, as ASA partly evaluates sections on their Business Meeting attendance. You can basically spend your Sunday through until 2:10 with CITASA! Here are the details:

(1) CITASA open submission paper session: Sun, August 17, 8:30 to 10:10am. This has 5 really awesome papers in it: http://tinyurl.com/k94g9ua

(2) CITASA roundtables: Sun, August 17, 10:30 to 11:30am. You can see what is on tap: http://tinyurl.com/n7u3oml

(3) CITASA business meeting: Sun, August 17, 11:30am to 12:10pm, see http://tinyurl.com/lx4nv4f . We will discuss some very important issues to the future of the section at this meeting, so I strongly urge as many members to attend as possible so we can get your feedback and you can be apprised of some potentially major changes moving forward.

(4) CITASA session on CITASA intellectual past and future: Sun, August 17, 12:30 to 2:10pm. This has four really great papers and should have some great discussion too: http://tinyurl.com/k294mnz

I also wanted to remind you about the section reception, where the first 100 attendees get free booze: It will be held on Saturday, August 16, 6:30 to 8:30pm at The Sugar Cafe (679 Sutter St, San Francisco), which is only a few blocks from the host hotels. Come and bring your friends-there will be lots of great, free food and an cash bar for those that don't get there earlier enough to drink for free.

Attached is a listing of other sessions that might also be of interest to section members (it's the same list that was in the newsletter).

Hope to see many of you at the meetings in general, and our section sessions and the Business meeting in particular.

Best,

Jenn
Chair, CITASA

Jennifer Earl