[CITASA] are you teaching "It's Complicated"?

Michelle Kazmer mkazmer at fsu.edu
Mon Aug 11 07:37:10 EDT 2014

Gina:

Yes, same here. Combine the students' unwillingness to pay for materials (for what may be very good reasons) with the requirement that we select all required course materials at the time of enrollment (at our uni that's mid-March for a course beginning in August), and I too have experienced the zero-cost pressure. We work with it, but it can be frustrating. Graduate courses are a bit more tractable, in my experience.

Michelle M. Kazmer, Ph.D.
Professor & Associate Director
School of Information @ Florida State University: Florida's iSchool
Email: mkazmer at fsu.edu