[CITASA] CITASA reception reminder: Saturday at 6:30pm

Christena Nippert-Eng nippert at iit.edu
Wed Aug 13 19:37:33 EDT 2014

And... just before our reception, you may wish to consider attending the
following:

*135 - Presidential Panel. *

*Hard Times for Individuals' Privacy: Surveillance since Snowden*

 *Sat, August 16, 4:30 to 6:10pm, Hilton San Francisco Union Square, Lobby
Level, Plaza A, Lobby Level*

Organizer: Annette Lareau, University of Pennsylvania

Presider: Christena Nippert-Eng, Illinois Institute of Technology

Ben Gross, University of California, Berkeley “The State of Surveillance
Today”

James Rule, University of California Berkeley, "The Public Response to Mass
Surveillance: What can Sociology Contribute?"

Gary Marx, Massachusetts  Institute of Technology, “Windows Into the Soul:
Surveillance and Society in an Age of High Technology”.

Lee Tien, Senior Staff Attorney, Electronic Frontiers Foundation,  "Privacy
in the time of clouds and big data."

All best,

Christena

Christena Nippert-Eng, Ph.D.
Professor of Sociology

http://humansciences.iit.edu/faculty/christena-nippert-eng

http://islandsofprivacy.com/

Director, The Benjamin Franklin Project at IIT

http://www.iit.edu/csl/socs/franklin_project.shtml