[CITASA] CITASA ASA pre-conference symposium!

Earl, Jennifer Suzanne - (jenniferearl) jenniferearl at email.arizona.edu
Thu Jan 23 16:26:22 EST 2014

Hi folks,

I am writing to invite you to join CITASA for a pre-conference workshop before this year's ASAs. Our CITASA Symposium entitled [New] Media Cultures is co-sponsored by the UC Berkeley Center for New Media. The Symposium is on August 15th--the day before the ASA Annual Meeting in San Francisco. Visit www.citasasymposium.info<http://www.citasasymposium.info> for more information. See you in the Bay Area in August!

Please feel free to forward this to other groups that might be interested and to distribute widely.

Also, I am attaching a flyer on a related event that might also be of interest-a datathon to be held before this year's ASAs too.

Hope you can catch at least one of these!

Best,

Jenn

******
[Captionless image]

Call For Abstracts and Participation

CITASA Symposium: [New] Media Cultures
Sponsored by CITASA & the UC Berkeley Center for New Media

Venue: UC Berkeley Sutardja Dai Hall
Symposium Date: August 15, 2014
Abstract Submission Deadline: March 1, 2014
Notification of Acceptances: March 15, 2014

citasasymposium.info<http://www.citasasymposium.info>
#citasa14

The CITASA Symposium Committee is delighted to announce the call for abstracts for the 2014 Symposium entitled [New] Media Cultures.

Sponsored by CITASA and the UC Berkeley Center for New Media, the Symposium is on August 15th--the day before the ASA Annual Meeting in San Francisco.

We welcome submissions on any facet of culture, communication, and [new] media as broadly defined as possible. Themes that come to mind are the interplay between [new] media and any of the following: culture, communication, technology, convergence, the arts, cultural production, cultural change in the digital age-and of course anything else [new] media or communication or culture scholars find intriguing...

Presentations will be eligible for submission to the 2015 Volume IV of Emerald Studies in Media and Communication entitled [New] Media Cultures (see www.emeraldmediastudies.com/<http://www.emeraldmediastudies.com/>).

Space is limited. The deadline for submitting an abstract is March 1, 2014 (notification by March 15). Please send submissions including your name, email, and an abstract of 200-750 words outlining your research to: citasasymposium at gmail.com<mailto:citasasymposium at gmail.com> by March 1st.

Thinking about attending the Datathon? Join us for both events on the UC Berkeley campus!
(see http://ipk.nyu.edu/initiatives/datathons or apply at http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/1516540/datathon).

IMPORTANT DATES
Submission Deadline: March 1, 2014
Acceptance Notification: March 15, 2014
Registration Due: March 31, 2014
Symposium: August 15, 2014 at UC Berkeley, Sutardja Dai Hall

WEB
Site: www.citasasymposium.info<http://www.citasasymposium.info>
Twitter: #citasa14
Contact Email: citasasymposium at gmail.com<mailto:citasasymposium at gmail.com>

SYMPOSIUM COMMITTEE
Laura Robinson, Blanca Gordo, Nalini Kotamraju, Gina Neff, Jennifer Earl, Gabe Ignatow, Jenny Davis, Sara Schoonmaker, Joy Hightower, Whitney Boesel, Nathan Jurgenson, & Jen Schradie

Jennifer Earl
Professor of Sociology
Social Sciences 421
University of Arizona