[CITASA] Fwd: Paper vs Electronic Surveys

Pete Khooshabeh, PhD pkhoosh at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 14:00:10 EDT 2014

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Gale Lucas <lucas at ict.usc.edu>
Date: Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 10:57 AM
Subject: RE: [CITASA] Paper vs Electronic Surveys
To: "pkhoosh at gmail.com" <pkhoosh at gmail.com>

 I tried sending it her way, but it rejected my message. Would you send
these for me?

1.     Weisband, S., Kiesler, S. (1996). Self-disclosure on computer forms:
Meta analysis and implications. *CHI, 96,* 3-10.

2.     Baker, R.P. (1992). New Technology in Survey Research:
Computer-Assisted Personal Interviewing (CAPI). *Social Science Computer
Review, 10*, 145-157.

3.     *Beckenbach*, A. (*1995)*. *Computer* assisted questioning: The new
survey methods in the perception of the respondent. *Bulletin de
Méthodologie Sociologique, 48,* 82-100.

4.     Joinson, A.N. (2001). Self-disclosure in computer-mediated
communication: The role of self-awareness and visual anonymity. *European
Journal of Social Psychology, 31,* 177-192.

5.     Sebestik, J., Zelon, H., DeWitt, D., O’Reilly J.M., McGowan, K.
(1988). Initial Experiences with CAPI. *Proceedings of the Fourth Annual
Research Conference,* March, Arlington, Virginia (pp.357- 371). Washington
D.C.: U.S. Department of Commerce, Bureau of the Census.

6.     Thornberry, O., Rowe, B., Biggar, R. (1990). Use of CAPI with the
U.S. National Health Interview Survey. Paper presented at the World
Congress of Sociology, Madrid.

7.     van der Heijden, P. G. M., Van Gils, G., Bouts, J., Hox, J. (2000).
A comparison of randomized response, computer-assisted self-interview and
face-to-face direct-questioning. *Sociological Methods **Research*, *28*,
505–537.

8.     Aquilino, W. S., LoSciuto, L. A. (1990). Interview mode effects in
drug use surveys. *Public Opinion Quarterly, 54,* 362-395.

9.     London, K.A., Williams, L.B. (1990). A Comparison of Abortion
Underreporting in an In-Person Interview and a Self-Administered
Questionnaire. Paper presented at the annual meeting of the Population
Association of America, Toronto, Canada.

10.  Tourangeau, R., Smith, T. W. (1996). Asking sensitive questions: The
impact of data collection mode, question format, and question context. *Public
Opinion Quarterly, 60, *275–304.

*11.  **Greist,* J. H., et al. (1973). A *computer interview for suicide*-*risk
prediction*. *American Journal of Psychiatry, 130, *1327-1332*.*

12.  Turner, C.F., Lessler, J.T., Devore, J.W. (1992). Effects of mode of
administration and wording on reporting of drug use. In C.F. Turner, J.T.
Lessler, J.C. Gfroerer (Eds.), *Survey measurement of drug use:
Methodological studies* (DHHS Publication No. ADM 92-1929, pp. 177-220).
Rockville, MD: National Institute on Drug Abuse.