[CITASA] Men/Masculinity on Facebook?

Igor Markovic igor at mi2.hr
Fri Jun 20 07:04:19 EDT 2014

not exactly to the point, but here are two recent researches about gender
differences in facebook use

Connell et al.
Badgrlz? Exploring Sex Differences in Cyberbullying Behaviors
doi 10.1177/1541204013503889

Fichman & Sanfilippo
The Bad Boys and Girls of Cyberspace. How Gender and Context Impact
Perception of and Reaction to Trolling
doi 10.1177/0894439314533169

On Fri, Jun 20, 2014 at 11:53 AM, Steven Dashiell <sdashie1 at umbc.edu> wrote:

> Does anyone know of any recent studies looking at men on Facebook or
> social media?  I've got utilization data, but I'm wondering if there have
> been any recent (since 2009) studies anyone might know of on men.
>
> I've found about 6-7 published studies about differing aspects of men on
> social networking sites, but I'm shocked at how few I've found that were
> published after 2010.
>
> Thanks,
> Steven
>
> --

best,
igor markovic
http://humanrightsfestival.org/en/

---
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.
Philip K Dick