[CITASA] CITASA-ish Journal question

Anabel Quan-Haase aquan at uwo.ca
Tue Sep 30 12:25:24 EDT 2014

Thanks for bringing this up Andrea. I would agree with your assessment that
"the meat of the Sociology of Technology and Communication research does
not appear in the top Soc journals, but appears elsewhere, maybe even
outside traditional
Sociology journals, maybe in newer interdisciplinary journals."
I often hear from my colleagues that I need to publish more in the "right
journals", that is ASR and AJS.

As to top ten: ICS, New Media & Society, JCMC, JASIST, The Information
Society, First Monday, Communication Research, & Journal of Broadcasting &
Electronic Media.

Cheers, A

Anabel Quan-Haase
Associate Professor
Faculty of Information and Media Studies/Department of Sociology
Western University
Digital Humanities Western
Twitter: @anabelquanhaase
Web site: SocioDigital.info