[CITASA] CITASA-ish Journal question

Keith Hampton keith.hampton at rutgers.edu
Tue Sep 30 12:49:57 EDT 2014

iCS and NM&S would rank high for me too. I probably would not privilege the
top Sociology journals. More generally, I have issues with such an attempt
to rank. For me, CITASA has always been about the intersection of
communication, information, media and sociology. Since we represent the
intersection of sociology with other disciplines, I think we value
publications in any highly ranked journal. I would probably favor journals
with a high impact rating, but given that we are not only at the
intersection, but are a relatively developing area, I question how much
weight we can place on impact factor alone.

Keith

Dr. Keith N. Hampton
Associate Professor
Department of Communication