[CITASA] CITASA-ish Journal question

Barry Wellman wellman at chass.utoronto.ca
Tue Sep 30 14:47:12 EDT 2014

I remember doing a rant about 12 years ago to get the new City & Community
journal of ASA to accept what we then called "Virtual Community." Ton Orum
the editor was sympathetic, but much of Ed Board wasnt.

They published in an early issue Keith Hampton & my Neighboring in
Netville, which has become one of our -- and their --- most cited.

566 cites and counting. according to Harzing's

   FRSC		              NetLab Network              INSNA Founder
                      Faculty of Information (iSchool)
   University of Toronto                          Toronto Canada M5S 3G6
   MIT Press            http://amzn.to/zXZg39      Print $15  Kindle $9
                  Old/NewCyberTimes http://bit.ly/c8N9V8