[CITASA] Exploring Communication Privacy Management in Today’s Networked Life | May 13th, 2015

iMinds-SMIT-VUB smit at vub.ac.be
Fri Apr 17 08:34:54 EDT 2015

We invite you to our guest lecture by Prof. dr. Sandra Petronio

View this email in your browser (http://us3.campaign-archive1.com/?u=9d2e727554b9a31ef98885aba&id=4c66451dce&e=404165d3d1)

** Exploring Communication Privacy Management in Today's Networked World

** Guest lecture by Prof. dr. Sandra Petronio
May 13th, 2015 | 10:00-12:00

In this lecture Prof. dr. Sandra Petronio will introduce the Communication Privacy Management theoretical perspective, a theory that is grounded in more than 35 years of research across and within many contexts and cultures. Research applications will also be discussed to illustrate application of the Communication Privacy Management system.

Petronio (PhD. University of Michigan) is currently a Professor in the IU Department of Communication Studies at IUPUI (Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis) and in the IU School of Medicine. She is also Senior Affiliate Faculty in the Charles Warren Fairbanks Center for Medical Ethics, IU Health, and an adjunct faculty in the IU School of Nursing and Informatics. Recently, she has been appointed Director of the newly formed, Communication Privacy Management Center. Petronio’s areas of expertise are in interpersonal, health, and family communication.
Programme

09:30-10:00: Welcome
10:00-12:00: Exploring Communication Privacy Management in Today’s Networked Life
12:00-13:00: Networking moment
** Register here! (http://smit.vub.ac.be/seminar/form.aspx?id=1f6d92e5-90c3-4ee7-86b5-5005e1ed0700)