[CITASA] Call for Papers - Internet Science
2nd International Conference on Internet Science
conference at internet-science.eu
Thu Jan 15 17:25:39 EST 2015
Accepted papers will be published in the Springer Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS) and presented at the conference.
View this email in your browser (http://us9.campaign-archive2.com/?u=688f86157fc7130b8e191d0b5&id=b308232da4&e=908c31a3cd)
** Call for Papers
** The 2nd International Conference on Internet Science – Societies, Governance and Innovation
VENUE: Flagey – Rue du Belvédère 27 – 1050 Ixelles – Brussels – Belgium
DATE: 28th – 29th May 2015
WEBSITE: Internet Science Conference (http://internet-science.us9.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=688f86157fc7130b8e191d0b5&id=2de97db67a&e=908c31a3cd) (www.internetscienceconference.eu)
CONTACT: cfp at internet-science.eu (mailto:cfp at internet-science.eu)
The 2nd International Conference on Internet Science aims at progressing and investigating on topics of high relevance with Internet’s impact on societies, governance, and innovation. It focuses on the contribution and role of Internet science on the current and future multidisciplinary understanding of societies transformations, governance shifts and innovation quests. Its main objective is to allow an open and productive dialogue between all the disciplines which study the Internet as a socio-technical system under any technological or humanistic perspectives. We invite both research papers presenting new results, and extended abstracts with provoking ideas and work-in-progress, shedding light on Internet Science from all involved disciplines and especially papers crossing rigid disciplines boundaries.
POSSIBLE TOPICS FOR SUBMISSION (not limited to)
Internet and Society
• Internet and political participation
• Internet of things and society
• Digital competences and participation
• Virtual communities and behavioral patterns
• People-driven Internet technologies and applications, including collaborative platforms & social search, open data and new interfaces
• Knowledge, education, and societal Web impact on Internet evolution
• Offline and online human behavior with emphasis on social media and online interactions
Internet and governance
• Internet governance and evolution
• Internet economics and new business models
• Social sciences and ethics for Internet use
• E-democracy and e-participation
• Identity, Trust and Privacy
• Internet governance and legal policies
• Security, Resilience and Dependability Aspects
• Internet solutions for Sustainability
Internet and innovation
• Collective intelligence for innovative solutions
• Internet, society, and innovation
• Novel network analytics on the Internet
• Intellectual property and the commons
• Design, implementation, and analysis of novel platforms
• New collaborative markets analytics
• New research and technical questions and thought-provoking ideas (intersection of design, arts and social interactions)
• Economic aspects of the Internet
• February 20th 2015: Submissions of papers
• March 10th 2015: Notification of acceptance for papers
• March 20th 2015: Camera-ready version of papers
INITIAL PAPERS SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS
Submissions must represent original work and papers should neither have been published nor be under review elsewhere.
All submitted papers must:
• be written in English and be submitted in PDF format;
• contain author names, affiliations, and email addresses;
• be formatted according to the Springer's LNCS format Proceedings template. Information about the Springer LNCS format can be found here (http://internet-science.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=688f86157fc7130b8e191d0b5&id=83e198ef09&e=908c31a3cd) (http://internet-science.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=688f86157fc7130b8e191d0b5&id=5e29386066&e=908c31a3cd) ;
• Three to five keywords characterizing the paper should be indicated at the end of the abstract;
• The type of paper (technical/empirical or evaluation/experience/exploratory/position paper) should be indicated in the submission.
• full paper submissions should not exceed 15 pages and short paper should not exceed 8 pages (including all text, figures, references and appendices) ;
• Submissions not conforming to the LNCS format, and exceeding the submission pages limits or being obviously out of the scope of the conference, will be rejected without review.
Submissions should be made electronically in PDF via the electronic submission system (http://internet-science.us9.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=688f86157fc7130b8e191d0b5&id=55fa7970e3&e=908c31a3cd) of the EINS 2015 Conference Management system (http://internet-science.us9.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=688f86157fc7130b8e191d0b5&id=0fcd23d363&e=908c31a3cd)
CAMERA-READY SUBMISSION CONDITIONS
Camera-ready submissions should corrected by following the remarks of the referees and submitted in zip format including (1) the camera-ready version of the authors' work in pdf format, (2) the camera-ready version of the authors' work in editable sources format as well as (3) the Consent to Publish signed in ink and scanned to image file. The results described must be unpublished and must not be under review elsewhere. Submissions must conform to Springer's LNCS format and should be, including all text, figures, references and appendices:
• 15 pages, for the regular papers,
• 8 pages, for the short papers.
Information about the Springer LNCS format can be found at http://internet-science.us9.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=688f86157fc7130b8e191d0b5&id=236b1adb3e&e=908c31a3cd. Submissions of camera-ready should be made electronically in ZIP (including the aforementioned files) format via the electronic submission system (http://internet-science.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=688f86157fc7130b8e191d0b5&id=319c78c21d&e=908c31a3cd) (http://internet-science.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=688f86157fc7130b8e191d0b5&id=960a55533c&e=908c31a3cd) of the EINS 2015 Conference Management system by submitting a new version to the original.
Accepted papers will be presented at EINS 2015 and published in the conference proceedings Volume, which is published in the Springer Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS). Authors of selected best papers from the conference will be contacted in order to consider submission of an expanded version of their papers for publication in Internet science inter-disciplinary Journal(s).
The papers in all the categories should describe original results that have not been accepted or submitted for publication elsewhere. All submissions will be evaluated by at least three members of the international program committee.
The EINS Network of Excellence in Internet Science (www.internet-science.eu) is supported by the European Commission under its FP7 research-funding programme (ICT theme). It aims to strengthen scientific and technological excellence by developing an integrated and interdisciplinary scientific understanding of Internet networks and their co-evolution with society, by addressing the fragmentation of European research in this area, at geographical and disciplinary levels.
Thanassis Tiropanis, University of Southampton, UK
Athena Vakali, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece
Laura Sartori, University of Bologna, Italy
Pete Burnap, Cardiff University
Roger Torrenti, Sigma Orionis, France
Anna Satsiou, Centre for Research and Technology Hellas, Greece (Chair)
Franco Bagnoli, University of Florence, Italy
Hugo Vivier, Sigma Orionis. France
** About the conference...
The 2nd international conference on Internet Science “Societies, governance and innovation” will be organised in Brussels from May 27 to 29, 2015, under the aegis of the European Commission.
This three-day event will foster dialogue among scholars and practitioners belonging to a wealth of disciplines, constituting thus a not-to-miss milestone for the Internet Science domain.
Visit the conference website (http://internet-science.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=688f86157fc7130b8e191d0b5&id=42cd879152&e=908c31a3cd)
Register for the conference (http://internet-science.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=688f86157fc7130b8e191d0b5&id=932cf8a285&e=908c31a3cd)
Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp
** I am not interested in this conference, please unsubscribe me (http://internet-science.us9.list-manage.com/unsubscribe?u=688f86157fc7130b8e191d0b5&id=0b1562992d&e=908c31a3cd&c=b308232da4)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the CITAMS