[CITASA] #SMSociety15: Social Media & Society Conference (July 27-29, 2015 in Toronto) - 2nd Call for Submissions

Jenna Jacobson jennajacobson at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 13:22:33 EST 2015

#SMSociety15 - Social Media & Society Conference Updates:

Table of Content

1) Keynote – Dr. William H. Dutton

2) Workshop/Tutorial Proposals – Due February 2

3) Call for Submissions

4) Conference Publishing Opportunities

5) Interested in Hosting #SMSociety in 2016?

*-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------*

*1) Keynote – Dr. William H. Dutton*

We are very excited to announce our keynote for #SMSociety15 – Dr. Bill
Dutton, the Quello Professor of Media and Information Policy at Michigan
State University, where he is the Director of the Quello Center! He was the
Founding Director of Oxford Internet Institute and the first Professor of
Internet Studies at the University of Oxford.

*2) Workshop/Tutorial Proposals – Due February 2*

Do you work with social media data? We invite you to submit a proposal for
a half-day Workshop or Tutorial on July 27, 2015 that examines a particular
method or tool for the analysis of social media data. See more info at
https://socialmediaandsociety.com/?page_id=1483

** Workshop/tutorial hosts will receive a complimentary conference
registration.*

*3) Call for Submissions – Various Due Dates*

We welcome various submission types: Short Papers, Work-in-Progress Papers,
Posters, and Panels. See more info at
https://socialmediaandsociety.com/?page_id=1483

*4) Conference Publishing Opportunities*

• All accepted short papers will be published in the ACM Proceedings

http://dl.acm.org/

• Authors of accepted top papers will be invited to submit their full
papers to a special issue of *Information, Communication & Society*
published by Taylor & Francis

http://www.tandfonline.com/loi/rics20

• Authors of accepted short and WIP papers will be invited to submit their
full papers to a special theme issue of *Big Data & Society* published by
SAGE (open access).

http://bds.sagepub.com/

*5) Interested in Hosting #SMSociety in 2016? *

If you are interested in hosting the conference in 2016, we would love to
hear from you. Please contact Anatoliy Gruzd to discuss: gruzd at ryerson.ca

For more information about the Social Media & Society Conference and the
CfP: https://socialmediaandsociety.com/?page_id=1315

And follow us on Twitter @socmediasoc

We look forward to seeing you in Toronto,

*The Conference Organizing Committee*

Anatoliy Gruzd, Ryerson University @gruzd

Barry Wellman, University of Toronto @barrywellman

Philip H. Mai, Ryerson University @phmai