[CITASA] New Name for CITASA Per Section Election Results

Laura Robinson laura at laurarobinson.org
Wed Jun 10 21:53:34 EDT 2015

Hello Everyone,

Per the ASA section election results, CITASA will have a new section name
as of this August. Our new section name will be Communication, Information
Technologies, and Media Sociology (CITAMS).

The new section name becomes effective at the close of our section’s 2015
business meeting in Chicago at ASA this summer on August 24th. For more
information on the updated bylaws, see the tab under governance at
citasa.org and/or citams.org .

Also see our website for section news--such as our ASA lineup at Chicago
(see ASA Annual Meeting) and Barry Wellman's piece “CITASA and ICS: How the
Relationship Began.”

Best wishes,
Laura

Laura Robinson