[CITASA] Free Access: Emerald Studies in Media and Communication (6/15-7/15)

Laura Robinson laura at laurarobinson.org
Mon Jun 15 16:24:39 EDT 2015

Dear CITASA members,

Studies in Media and Communications (SIMC) is sponsored by the American
Sociological Association Section on Communication and Information
Technologies (CITASA).

We have been so pleased with the response to the free access to SIMC, that
we sent you earlier this year, we have arranged for a second round of
access to another selection of papers from the two most recent volumes. We
hope that you will enjoy this exclusive access for CITASA members and that
you will consider submitting to a future volume in the Series.

As a CITASA member, you have free access to selected papers from June 15th
until July 15th.

To access these papers:

1) Click on the link to the article

2) Login or register to create a profile.

3) Enjoy access until 15th July.

Communication and Information Technologies Annual:

Doing and Being Digital: Mediated Childhoods

Studies in Media and Communications, Volume 8

Edited by Laura Robinson, Shelia R. Cotten and Jeremy Schulz

About Volume 8

This volume brings together nine studies of mediated childhood and youth.
The studies shed light on the emerging contours of young people’s web
engagements and social practices. More specifically, the volume contains
research speaking to scholarship dealing with four key topics: digital
differentiation, media use, social problems, and cyberbullying.

>From Volume 8, Doing and Being Digital: Mediated Childhoods

Play to Pay?: Adolescent Video Game Play and STEM Choice

Amanda J. Turner

Should I Text or Should I Call?: How College Students Navigate Mediated
Connections with Family

Carrie Anne Platt, Renee Bourdeaux, & Nancy DiTunnariello

Hey Kids, This Is Advertising: Metaphors and Promotional Appeals in Online
Advertisements for Children

Debashis ‘Deb’ Aikat

Cyberbullying: The Social Construction of a Moral Panic

Linda M. Waldron

Communication and Information Technologies Annual:

Politics, Participation, and Production

Studies in Media and Communications, Volume 9

Edited by Laura Robinson, Shelia R. Cotten and Jeremy Schulz

About Volume 9

This volume brings together nine studies of the digital public sphere. The
contributions illuminate three key areas of digital citizenship, namely
political engagement, participation networks, and content production. As a
whole, the contributions revisit old questions and answer important new
queries about netizenship and the digital public sphere.

>From Volume 9, Politics, Participation and Production

Engaging Young Voters in the Political Process: U.S. Presidential Debates
and YouTube

Pamela Brubaker, Michael Horning, & Christopher Toula

Family Social Networks, Reciprocal Socialization, and the Adoption of
Social Media Media by Baby Boomer and Silent Generation Women

Nancy Horak Randall, Sue Carroll Pauley, & Aaron B. Culley

To Know that You Are Not Alone: The Effect of Internet Usage on LGBT
Youth's Social Capital

Robert T. Cserni & Ilan Talmud

Event vs. Issue: Twitter Reflections of Major News, a Case Study

Chris J. Vargo, Ekaterina Basilaia, & Donald Lewis Shaw

To see the full Table of Contents for both volumes please visit
www.emeraldinsight.com/series/simc or for more information on the series,
visit www.emeraldmediastudies.com

With best wishes

Laura, Shelia and Jeremy