[CITASA] New opening at UCLA: Media Archival Studies

Leah Lievrouw llievrou at ucla.edu
Tue Oct 20 13:38:36 EDT 2015

Hello CITAMS colleagues -- I wanted to let everyone know about a new
position we are searching for in Information Studies at UCLA. A brief
description and a link to the full position announcement are included
below. Please feel free to distribute widely to all interested students
and colleagues!  If you have any questions, please feel free to get in
touch with me.

Leah Lievrouw

===========================

The Department of Information Studies of the Graduate School of
Education and Information Studies at UCLA invites applications for a
*tenure-track assistant professor of information studies specializing in
Media Archival Studies* (MAS). The Department of Information Studies’
MAS specialization focuses on the full range of historical to
contemporary media-making contexts and formats and the unique challenges
they pose, from 19th-century optical and sound-recording devices to
today’s emerging sound, image, video, and multiplatform/ transmedia
formats. The successful applicant will have research and teaching
interests in information studies that relate to any aspect of media
archival studies and the range of relevant media formats, materials, and
systems, both digital and analog.

For complete information about this position, please see the full
announcement:

http://is.gseis.ucla.edu/media/MediaArchive_job.pdf

--
Leah A. Lievrouw, Professor
Department of Information Studies

Tel  +1 310 825 1840   Fax +1 310 206 4460
Email    llievrou at ucla.edu
http://polaris.gseis.ucla.edu/llievrou/LeahLievrouw/Welcome.html