[CITASA] faculty search at UT Austin School of Information

Bailey, Diane E debailey at ischool.utexas.edu
Tue Sep 8 19:36:55 EDT 2015

Faculty Search

School of Information at The University of Texas at Austin

The School of Information at The University of Texas at Austin invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track faculty position, anticipated to start in Fall 2016. While we are most likely to hire at the Assistant Professor level, we will consider exceptional candidates for Associate, Full, or Endowed Professor positions. Rank and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.

We only seek candidates with excellent research and teaching abilities and a commitment to shaping the future of the school and the discipline of information studies. We welcome applications from candidates who can enhance our offerings in any area of information studies. We are especially interested in candidates who can complement our existing strengths in traditional and electronic archives and contribute more generally in the area of Archives, Knowledge, and Records Management; or in candidates who can complement our existing strengths in human-computer interaction and information retrieval and contribute more generally to our research areas that are related to technology or design.

Candidates must hold a doctorate degree in a field that is relevant to their area of research and be able to articulate clearly in their application materials a research agenda that fits with the School's core areas of focus. These areas are listed at https://www.ischool.utexas.edu/research.

Our school is a unique mix of interdisciplinary expertise, offering cutting-edge research and education in the human, social, and cultural aspects of information, broadly conceived. Our program is consistently ranked among the top programs in information nationally. We offer master and doctoral degree programs, dual masters degree programs with various disciplines, an integrated bachelors in computer science/masters in information studies, and an undergraduate minor (no undergraduate major). We are offering a new Master of Science degree in Identity Management and Security jointly with the UT Center for Identity. On our degree offerings, see https://www.ischool.utexas.edu/programs.

Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. We will begin to review applications and invite candidates on November 1, 2015. Please send questions about the position tofacultysearch at ischool.utexas.edu<mailto:facultysearch at ischool.utexas.edu>. More information is available at https://www.ischool.utexas.edu/facultysearch.