[CITASA] Call for papers - JoBEM - Second Screening

Ardevol-Abreu, Alberto alberto.ardevol-abreu at univie.ac.at
Fri Feb 12 07:56:54 EST 2016

Hola colleagues and friends,

Below you can read a call for papers for people researching second screening. I think it could be a good opportunity to publish in JoBEM. Please feel free to circulate this call to your networks and colleagues in the field.

Thank you!

Best,

Alberto Ardèvol-Abreu
University of Vienna

CFP: JOBEM Special Issue on “Second Screening”

Deadline: Tuesday, April 5

Second screening is a set of communicative practices in which individuals watching television (or online television programming) use an additional electronic device or “screen” to access the Internet or social networking sites in order to obtain more information, express their opinions, or simply communicate with others about the program or event they are watching. We seek scholarship from a diverse array of theoretical and methodological perspectives that empirically examines the relationships between media, politics, and second screening.

See the full CFP here:

http://explore.tandfonline.com/cfp/ah/hbem_second_screening_political_comm