[CITASA] “Please Read the Article”? Please Cite Women Academics.

Gina Neff gneff at uw.edu
Wed Feb 24 12:02:46 EST 2016

I’d love to point people to The Op Ed project http://www.theopedproject.org/ which is trying to get more women in the position of thought leadership. We’re working on bringing them to the University of Washington and they have run workshops at Dartmouth, Yale, Stanford, Princeton…
This is a big structural problem: If we don’t get out opinion  pieces about our work it makes it harder for journalists to find our research.

Dr. Gina Neff
Associate Professor, Department of Communication
Adjunct Associate Professor, Department of Sociology
Senior Data Science Fellow, eScience Institute
University of Washington

Senior Fellow, Center for Media, Data & Society at Central European University

Author, Self-Tracking<http://www.amazon.com/Self-Tracking-The-Press-Essential-Knowledge/dp/0262529122> (forthcoming from MIT Press)  &
Venture Labor: Work and the Burden of Risk in Innovative Industries<http://www.amazon.com/Venture-Labor-Innovative-Industries-Technology/dp/0262017482>

Twitter: @ginasue
http://ginaneff.com/