[CITASA] Data Science and Health faculty position

Shelia Cotten cotten at msu.edu
Tue Jan 12 14:19:25 EST 2016

Come work with us! MSU and my department are great!

Job Opening: Tenure System Position in Data Science and Health

Tenure System Assistant Professor in Data Science and Health
Department of Media and Information
Michigan State University

The Department of Media and Information (M&I) at Michigan State University (MSU) invites applications for a full-time, tenure system faculty position at the rank of Assistant Professor in the area of data analytics with a strong interest in health, health IT, e-health, and/or m-health. We seek a scholar conducting cutting-edge social science and/or technical research utilizing data-centric approaches—including theory-building, analytics, applications, and effects.

The successful candidate will participate in the Trifecta, an interdisciplinary initiative bringing together intellectual leaders from the MSU Colleges of Communications Arts and Sciences, Engineering and Nursing to advance the delivery of health services for underserved populations. A PhD in a relevant discipline should be completed prior to the start of the appointment, expected to be August 16, 2016.

The M&I department is a member of the iSchools consortium and home to a dynamic, interdisciplinary faculty internationally renowned for their cutting-edge research on the uses and implications of information and communication technologies (ICTs).

More information is available at http://cas.msu.edu/job/posting-1632/. To apply, please visit the Michigan State University Employment Opportunities website (https://jobs.msu.edu), refer to Posting #1632, and complete an electronic submission. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.

Please direct any questions to Professor Wietske van Osch, Search Committee Chair, Department of Media and Information at Michigan State University, at <vanosch at msu.edu>.

MSU is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. MSU is committed to achieving excellence through cultural diversity. The university actively encourages applications and/or nominations of women, persons of color, veterans and persons with disabilities.

Shelia

Shelia R. Cotten
Professor and Associate Chair for Research, Dept. of Media and Information
Director, Trifecta Initiative
Director, Sparrow/MSU Center for Innovation and Research
Michigan State University
409 Comm Arts
404 Wilson Road
East Lansing, Michigan 48824