[CITASA] MSc in Media and Comms (Data & Society) - some 2016 places still available

Alison Powell alison at gnatter.net
Sat Mar 12 04:30:38 EST 2016

Dear all,

Students interested in critical studies of data will be pleased to know that we have a few remaining spaces on our MSc Media & Communications (Data & Society) for next year <http://www.lse.ac.uk/study/graduate/taughtProgrammes2015/MScMediaAndCommunicationsDataAndSociety.aspx>

Apply ASAP as admissions are rolling and the programme is nearly full.

This year-long programme provides a critical perspective on the move towards data, and enables students to understand, evaluate and respond to the social and political contexts of data production and analytics. Students will also consider the cultural aspects, wider implications and ethical issues raised by data’s growing role within everyday life.

We attract students from a diverse range of backgrounds, including those with professional experience working in media and communications and data-related fields.

Students contribute to the LSE Data & Society cross-disciplinary research and teaching area, while also participating in a lively intellectual community with the Department of Media and Communication, which includes the Media Policy Project and POLIS, the department's journalism think-tank.

 Key facts:
www.lse.ac.uk/study/graduate/taughtProgrammes2015/MScMediaAndCommunicationsDataAndSociety.aspx<http://www.lse.ac.uk/study/graduate/taughtProgrammes2015/MScMediaAndCommunicationsDataAndSociety.aspx>
Application codes: P3U4 (check availability<http://www.lse.ac.uk/study/graduate/availableProgrammes.aspx>)
Start date: 22 September 2016