[CITAMS] CITAMS 2016 Awards

Gray, Mary Louise mlg at indiana.edu
Thu May 5 12:18:57 EDT 2016

Congrats all!! Much deserved accolades for strong work.
Best,
Mary

On May 4, 2016, at 12:03 PM, Andrea H. Tapia <atapia at ist.psu.edu<mailto:atapia at ist.psu.edu>> wrote:

Please help me congratulate our winners!
The awards will be given out at our CITAMS business meeting in August. Hope to see you there!

2016 CITAMS William F. Ogburn Career Achievement Award
·       Shelia Cotten, Michigan State University (Senior Career)
·       Wenhong Chen, University of Texas at Austin (Mid Career)

2016 CITAMS Public Sociology Award
·       Eszter Hargittai, Northwestern University

2016 CITAMS Book Award
·       Haveman, H. A. (2015). Magazines and the Making of America: Modernization, Community, and Print Culture, 1741-1860. Princeton University Press
·       Vertesi, J. (2015). Seeing Like a Rover: How Robots, Teams, and Images Craft Knowledge of Mars. University of Chicago Press.

2016 CITAMS Best Paper Award
·       Ion Bogdan Vasi, Edward T. Walker,John S. Johnson, and  Hui Fen Tand, (2015)
“No Fracking Way! Documentary Film, Discursive Opportunity, and Local Opposition against Hydraulic Fracturing in the United States, 2010 to 2013.”

·       Honorable Mention, Sara Cowen, (2014) “Secrets and Misperceptions: The Creation of Self-Fulfilling Illusions”

2016 CITAMS Best Student Paper
·       Matt Rafalow, “Disciplining Play: Digital Youth Culture as Capital at School”
Matt Rafalow is a PhD candidate in Sociology at University of California-Irvine.