[CITAMS] Accepting PhD Application at MSU program in Media & Information

Keith Hampton khampton at msu.edu
Thu Nov 17 10:02:09 EST 2016

If you have great students looking for a PhD program, suggest they apply to
MSU’s Information and Media program. They would join me and a great faculty
that includes sociologists, economists, computer scientists, game
designers, and film makers, many are interested in how new technologies are
related to social outcomes.

Did I mention we have great faculty like Bill Dutton, Shelia Cotten,
Johannes Bauer, and Bibi Reisdorf!

The deadline for applications is January 1, 2017. Steps to apply are
detailed at http://bit.ly/IMPHD.

All students are supported by graduate teaching and research assistantships
with generous stipends, tuition remission, and health benefits. The 2015 QS
World University rankings place MSU 6th in the world and 5th in North
America in communication and media studies. The National Communication
Association (NCA), in their most recent doctoral program reputation study,
ranked MSU’s Ph.D. programs as No. 1 in educating researchers in
communication technology, and in the top four in mass communication.
Michigan State University ranked third in frequency of faculty publication
in communication in a study reported in The Electronic Journal of
Communication in 2012.

*Keith N. Hampton, Ph.D.*
*Professor*

College of  Communication Arts and Sciences
Department of Media and Information <http://tism.msu.edu/>
www.mysocialnetwork.net
www.twitter.com/mysocnet