[CITAMS] Apply to join the Media, Technology and Society Ph.D. program at Northwestern

aaron shaw aaronshaw at northwestern.edu
Fri Nov 18 11:34:11 EST 2016

Please forward widely!

The Graduate School at Northwestern University is seeking exceptional
applicants to join the Ph.D. program in Media, Technology and Society
<http://mts.northwestern.edu> (MTS) to start in Fall 2017.

The MTS doctoral program is an innovative, interdisciplinary, and flexible
curriculum focusing on the dynamic media and technology environment and its
impact. The program encourages students to pursue their passion by
designing individualized programs of study that incorporate relevant
classes from across Northwestern University. The program faculty are
internationally renowned for their research in areas such as:

   -

   Children’s development
   -

   Computational Social Science
   -

   Digital media use and effects
   -

   Global culture
   -

   Health and well-being
   -

   Human-computer Interaction
   -

   Innovation and change
   -

   Media institutions
   -

   Networks, Organizations and Teams
   -

   Social media

The MTS faculty undertake research in these areas using a wide array of
traditional and innovative research methods. In addition, they actively
pursue opportunities to make positive economic, cultural, and social impact
through their research in businesses, nonprofit, and government agencies.

In recent years, MTS alumni have gone on to work at the University of
Illinois, University of Missouri, Chinese University of Hong Kong,
Dalhousie University, UC Davis, University of Chicago, University of
Colorado Boulder, University of Costa Rica, University of North Carolina at
Charlotte, RTI International, and Facebook.

As we continue to grow, we seek to recruit students from a variety of
backgrounds in social and behavioral sciences, human-computer interaction,
humanities, and historical and cultural studies. We are particularly
interested in students who can thrive within an interdisciplinary
environment, and bring to their graduate education a passion for research
and innovation.

Deadline for application to the next academic year is December 1st, 2016.
For more details on the program, faculty, and admissions requirements see:
http://mts.northwestern.edu

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the program
director, Aaron Shaw <aaronshaw at northwestern.edu>.