[CITAMS] Call for Participation: The 5th International Conference on Writing Analytics

Moxley, Joseph mox at usf.edu
Wed Aug 2 14:38:31 EDT 2017

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D30B9D.02BD5590]

Apologies for cross posting. The Journal of Writing Analytics and the University of South Florida are pleased to announce The 5th International Conference on Writing Analytics. This conference will be held on January 11-12, 2018 in St. Petersburg, FL.

Keynote speakers include Jill Burstein (ETS), Danielle McNamara (ASU), and Erica Snow (Imbellus).

We invite proposal submissions of no more than 500 words that address the impacts of data mining, corpus linguistics, and learning analytics on the teaching of writing. Accepted authors may be invited to submit full papers for consideration in The Journal of Writing Analytics. Participants can submit their work to one of two tracks:

Track One

Over the decade there has been exciting advances in the field of learning analytics and data-mining. Recently, this work has begun to impact how we study and view the writing process. This track aims to bring together interdisciplinary researchers and scientist who use or are interested in using data mining and learning analytic methods to better understand the writing process and products.

Track Two

The goals of this track are a) to discuss state of the art methodologies and techniques that can be used to better understand the writing process, b) to discuss how results of this work can have real-world impacts, c) to discuss new ways to utilize innovative data sources (i.e., social media), and d) to discuss how these techniques could possibly be used in real-time to provide feedback/support and aid in the writing process.

The proposal deadline is October 1st. You may submit a proposal here: https://easychair.org/cfp/WA2018<http://writingcommons.org/index.php?subid=8332&option=com_acymailing&ctrl=url&urlid=103&mailid=99>

Note: We encourage early registration because participation will be limited by the conference venue.

Faculty Early Bird - $300

https://secure.touchnet.com/C20235_ustores/web/product_detail.jsp?PRODUCTID=6184&SINGLESTORE=true

Grad Student Early Bird - $125

https://secure.touchnet.com/C20235_ustores/web/product_detail.jsp?PRODUCTID=6200&SINGLESTORE=true