[CITAMS] CITAMS membership drive

Wenhong Chen wenhong.chen at austin.utexas.edu
Thu Aug 31 17:27:47 EDT 2017

Dear colleagues and friends,

*It is my great honor and pleasure serving as the chair of CITAMS
2017-2018. *

CITAMS Section membership has been relatively stable since a few years. If
we want to have three sessions at the coming ASAs,* we need to reach 400
by September 30. *

CITAMS is celebrating its 30 anniversary in 2018 ASA conference in
Philadelphia. Please feel free to share your ideas.  We are going to
organize additional roundtables on student professional development,
mentoring events as well as the media sociology pre-conference.

If you are not a member, please join us. *Joining the section only
costs $**10.00
(regular) and $5 (student)**.*

http://www.asanet.org/asa-communities/asa-sections/all-about-sections/section-membership-dues
*. *

If you are a member, please take a moment to help the section by
encouraging your colleagues who work on communication, information
technologies, and media sociology to sign up. In the past, faculty have
often paid the fee for their students.

Thank you in advance for your support.

Cheers,

*Wenhong 文泓*

*Wenhong Chen*
*Associate Professor of Media Studies and Sociology*
*University of Texas at Austin*
*Chair, Communication, Information Technologies, and Media Sociology
section*
*American Sociological Association*

T: 512-471-4952
F: 512-471-4077