[CITAMS] Call for Papers - Workshop on Online Learning & Non-Cognitive Assessment at Scale (LAK 18)
sreckojoksimovic at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 11 20:14:21 EST 2017
Call for Papers - Workshop on Online Learning & Non-Cognitive Assessment at Scale (LAK 18)
(Mar 6, 2018, Sydney, Australia) Workshop website: http://noncog-lak.infoThe theme of the workshop underscores challenges and needs of assessment of non-cognitive capabilities at scale in online learning environments while aiming to deriving actionable insights. Presentations on finished, ongoing, and proposed studies, as well as facilitated discussion sessions are planned to develop a preliminary framework to illustrate the current development of non-cognitive assessments within online learning environments and to inspire attendees to come up with exciting new lines of research of their own. Toward building this framework, we invite submissions on this topic that reflects but not restricted to the following guiding points:
- Theories: What are the relevant theories that can inform assessments of non-cognitive skills and their application as part of online learning?
- Data sources: Where and how can data related to learners' non-cognitive skills be measured and collected during online learning?
- Tools: What analytical and assessment tools are useful in analyzing non-cognitive constructs at scale as part of online learning?
-- How are non-cognitive constructs operationalized as part of online learning?
-- What analytical methods have been used? What other new methods can be applied?
-- How can we appropriately link non-cognitive assessment with cognitive assessment during online learning?
- Generalizability: What kind of practices and findings are domain-general across learning environments?
- Applicability: How can research findings translate into actionable insights for various stakeholders (learners, instructors, administrators, investors, etc.)?
Organizers: Elle Yuan Wang, Research Scientist, Arizona State University Sweet San Pedro, Research Scientist, ACT, Inc. Srecko Joksimovic, Data Scientist/Lecturer, University of South Australia Tamera McKinniss, Senior Research Psychologist, ACT, Inc. Jason Way, Research Psychologist, ACT, Inc. Submission InstructionsWe provide two submission types in order to maximize participation opportunities and create a discussion that is as timely as possible.- Short papers (3 to 5 pages)- Abstracts (1-2 pages)
Submission Deadline: Dec 18, 2017
All papers should follow the Companion Proceedings Template. The submission will be handled via EasyChair https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=noncoglak18.
We will publish accepted papers and abstracts in the LAK Companion Proceedings, and presentation materials, with permission of the author(s). The proceedings will also include a summary of the workshop and will be published online.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the CITAMS