[CITAMS] 2018 election results on council members

Wenhong Chen wenhong.chen at austin.utexas.edu
Thu Jul 12 03:59:37 EDT 2018

*Dear CITAMS members and friends,*

I am pleased to share our 2018 election results on the positions of two
council members:

Professor Apryl Williams, Susquehanna University and Professor Timothy
Recuber, Hamilton College have been elected to serve as our new council
members.

I would like to take the opportunity to thank Professor Phillipa Chong,
McMaster University, and Professor Gabe Ignatow, University of North Texas,
for serving as candidates.

Great thanks to our nomination committee members Jeffery Boase (chair),
University of Toronto, Anabel Quan-Haase, Western University, and Jenny
Davis, Australian National University. In particular, Jeffery Boase has
worked closely with ASA to sort out the technical issues for our election.

Below is the complete results of our 2018 election:

Professor Anabel Quan-Haase, Western University, has been elected to serve
as our Chair-Elect and Professor Jeffrey Lane, Rutgers University, has been
elected to our Nominations Committee. Professor Apryl Williams, Susquehanna
University and Professor Timothy Recuber, Hamilton College have been
elected to serve as our new council members.

Big thanks to everyone who participated in our election.

I look forward to meeting everyone at ASA in August.

Best wishes,

Wenhong Chen

*Cheers,*

*Wenhong **文泓*

*Wenhong Chen,* PhD

Associate Professor of Media Studies and Sociology
Department of Radio-TV-Film | Moody College of Communication
The University of Texas at Austin

Chair, Communication, Information Technologies, and Media Sociology section
American Sociological Association

Office hour signup http://bit.ly/1xpHy1c
http://utexas.academia.edu/wenhongchen
New book: Networked China <http://www.routledge.com/9781138840027/>