[CITAMS] YouTube sensationalism

Barry Wellman wellman at chass.utoronto.ca
Thu Apr 18 13:32:53 EDT 2019

Our CITAMS colleague, Zeynep Tufekci gets a nice write-up in the current
New Yorker (April 22, 2019, p. 31) about how even YouTube is pushing to
hold attention by pushing viewers to more sensational material.

   Barry Wellman

   Step by step, link by link, putting it together--Streisand/Sondheim
        The earth to be spannd, connected by network--Walt Whitman
              It's Always Something--Roseanne Roseannadanna

              A day like all days, filled with those events
          that alter and illuminate our times--Walter Cronkite
   Director, NetLab Network      			            FRSC
   Distinguished Visiting Scholar   Social Media Lab   Ryerson University
         Founder, International Network for Social Network Analysis
   http://www.chass.utoronto.ca/~wellman            http://amzn.to/zXZg39
              https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barry_Wellman